Monday, June 19, 2017

TV Quote of the Day (‘The Big Bang Theory,’ As Leonard Does ‘The Walk of Shame’)



[Scene: The car of Mrs. Latham, a university philanthropist of a certain age, who has more than charitable contributions in mind.]

Mrs. Latham [played by Jessica Walter]: “You’re a very handsome man, Leonard.”

Leonard Hofstadter (played by Johnny Galecki): “Thank you.”

Mrs. Latham: “It was foolish of me to think someone your age might ever be interested in someone like me.”

Leonard: “Oh, don’t say that. You’re a very attractive woman.”

Mrs. Latham: “Oh, please.”

Leonard: “No, it’s true.”

Mrs. Latham: “Well, aren’t you sweet. Just for the record, you’d remember a night with me for the rest of your life.”

Leonard: “I’m sure I would. But why, why, exactly?”

Mrs. Latham: “You’re a very smart man. How do you think I landed such a rich husband?”

Leonard: “I hadn’t really given it much thought.”

Mrs. Latham: “Well, think about it.”

Leonard: “Do you mean…?”

Mrs. Latham: “Yep. I’m that good.”

Leonard: “Oh, what the hell!” [They kiss.]

[Cut to: The stairwell to the apartment of Leonard, who staggers up with hair disheveled, tie askew, and glasses steamed.]

Penny (his neighbor and ex-girlfriend, played by Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: [emerging from her apartment, giggling, to Leonard] “Good morning, slut!”

Leonard: “What?”

Penny: “Oh please, I recognize the walk of shame when I see it. All you're missing is a little smeared mascara and a purse with panties wadded up in it.” — The Big Bang Theory, Season 4, Episode 15, “The Benefactor Factor,” original air date Feb. 10, 2011, teleplay by Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan and Steve Holland, directed by Mark Cendrowski

No comments: