Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Quote of the Day (Paul Rudnick, Imagining Gwyneth’s Explanation for 2 Recent Titles)



“Did I campaign for my titles? Yes, I’ll be honest, because, as anyone who’s ever read my blog, Goop, which is a combination of ‘good’ and ‘poop,’ will tell you, I’m a firm believer in hard work and discipline. So, when I first heard rumors about the possibility of a People cover, I did start a whispering campaign. At parties and premières, I’d murmur to strangers, ‘Doesn’t Halle Berry look gorgeous? For her age?,’ or ‘Don’t you love Charlize Theron’s cropped, boyish hairdo? Wouldn’t she be popular in prison?,’ or ‘I applaud Kate Middleton for not worrying about gaining a few extra pounds during her pregnancy. Wait, what did you say? She’s only having one baby?’”—Paul Rudnick, channeling Gwyneth Paltrow’s explanation for being named “Most Beautiful” woman by People and “Most Hated” Celeb by Star Magazine, in “Shouts and Murmurs: Most Gwyneth!”, The New Yorker, May 13, 2013



No comments: